Delta 8 THC in Arizona: Is It Legal?
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Arizona?
By using this website, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, which are incorporated herein by reference.
In Arizona, you can purchase hemp products containing CBD, Delta 9 THC, and other cannabinoids, but not Delta-8. Delta 8 THC, a naturally occurring cannabinoid in hemp plants, has gained widespread popularity because to its prospective medical and recreational applications. While Delta 8 THC may share certain characteristics with Delta 9 THC, the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, it has entirely different effects and is typically less potent.
Is Delta 8 THC legal though in Arizona?
Related article: What is Delta 8 THC?
No, Delta 8 THC Is Not Legal In Arizona
As of the date of this writing (9/22/2021), Delta 8 THC is prohibited per Arizonan legislation. Regrettably, when it comes to laws like those governing Delta 8 THC in California, Arizona does follow in the footsteps of other western states.
Is Hemp-derived Delta 9 THC Legal in Arizona?
Indeed, both Delta 9 made from hemp and marijuana are permitted in Arizona.
The only distinction is in terms of limitations and legal status.
2020 saw the legalization of marijuana for recreational use, making it possible for Arizonans to buy and own the drug.
Nonetheless, marijuana remains a Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act and therefore banned on the federal level.
Due to marijuana's federal classification, it is forbidden to transport marijuana products across the border in Arizona.
Hemp-derived Delta 9 can cross state lines, fly on some domestic planes, and be found in more retailers because it is permitted to grow hemp on federal property and in all 50 states.
The following bills highlight why Delta 8 THC is illegal in Arizona
TITLE 3 AGRICULTURE. CH. 2, ART. 4.1 INDUSTRIAL HEMP
In addition to the definitions provided in A.R.S. §§ 3-201, 3-311, and A.A.C. R3-4-101, the following terms apply to this article.
“0.300%” shall have the same meaning as three-tenths percent.
“Certified laboratory” means the State Agriculture Laboratory or any laboratory certified by the State Agriculture Laboratory to perform compliance analysis of industrial hemp.
“Hemp” has the same meaning as industrial hemp.
“Responsible party” means an individual that has signing authority of a partnership, limited liability company, association, company or corporation.
“THC” means Tetrahydrocannabinol
“Total Delta-9 THC concentration” means the total calculable amount of the chemical compound, Delta-9 THC.
TITLE 3 AGRICULTURE. CH. 2, ART. 4.1 INDUSTRIAL HEMP
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
2. “Crop” means any industrial hemp that is grown under a single industrial hemp license issued by the department.
5. “Hemp products” means all products made from industrial hemp, including cloth, cordage, fiber, fuel, grain, paint, paper, construction materials, plastics and by-products derived from sterile hemp seed or hemp seed oil. Hemp products excludes any product made to be ingested except food made from sterile hemp seed or hemp seed oil.
6. “Hemp seed” means any viable cannabis sativa L. seed that produces an industrial hemp plant that is subject to this article and rules and orders adopted by the director pursuant to this article.
7. “Industrial hemp” means the plant cannabis sativa L. and any part of such a plant, whether growing or not, with a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than three-tenths percent on a dryweight basis.
8. “Industrial hemp site” means the location in which a grower, harvester, transporter or processor possesses a crop, a harvested crop or hemp seed.
A. In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
2. “Cannabis” means the following substances under whatever names they may be designated:
(b) All parts of any plant of the genus cannabis, whether growing or not, its seeds, the resin extracted from any part of such plant, and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin, but shall not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.
(c) Every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of such resin, tetrahydrocannabinol (T.H.C.), or of such plants from which the resin has not been extracted.
36-2512. Substances in schedule I
A. The following controlled substances, unless specifically excepted, are included in schedule I:
3. Any material, compound, mixture or preparation that contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances and their salts, isomers and salts of isomers, unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, whenever the existence of these salts, isomers and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation (for the purposes of this paragraph, “isomer” includes the optical, position and geometric isomers):
(w) Cannabis, except the synthetic isomer of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
Ordering Hemp-derived Delta 9 and CBD Online
Researching the brand and the product is crucial when looking into hemp products online.
Online merchants with a good reputation will have each item they sell lab-tested and come with a COA.
Also, they will adhere to tight rules to guarantee that the products they are providing are pure and secure.
Not to mention, they will have a stellar reputation to support their claims.
We at CannaAid take pride in producing a range of hemp products that go above and beyond the aforementioned standards.
Our portfolio of Delta-9 hemp-derived goods complies with Farm Bill regulations and is authorized in all 50 states.
We provide our items online and at more than 8,000 stores.
Visit our online store or make a trip to the store.
And if you choose to shop online, you'll discover that we have plenty of:
We have everything, no matter what you're in the mood for.
Arizona's Future with Cannabis?
We advise you to share your concerns with your local and state officials if you wish to see any changes made to these policies.
We still have you covered with our CannaAid products and premium CBD and Delta 9 even though Delta 8 THC may be prohibited in Arizona! Every single item of our premium CBD, whether it be gummies, edibles, or just our Delta 9 products, is grown in the United States and can be delivered to your front door in a discreet and safe manner.
The quality of our items is never in doubt. So take a seat back, unwind, and place an order with us right now. Each item is produced with 100% American hemp, which comes with a COA, and is made from hemp that is sourced in the United States. Our goal of helping our veterans, however, is what sets us apart from the competition. As a result, encourage those who have served and watch yourself turn into a devoted client.
This website's information does not constitute legal advice and is not meant to be. The information, content, and materials on this website are intended for informational purposes only and should not be used to make you decide whether or not to purchase any of our products. Laws vary from one state to the next and are always changing. This website may not contain the most current legal or other information. For verification of the legal status and products listed on this website, please consult an attorney in your area. Click here for our Legal Disclaimer.