The CBD industry has grown considerably in the past number of years. This is largely due to the fact that the production of hemp as an agricultural commodity has been legalized in 2018. Another reason, though, is the extent of the research that has been conducted in the area, and the wide range of health and wellness benefits that have been attributed to using CBD oil.
More and more studies are being carried out and made available to the public, which is stimulating further interest in the various ways that CBD oil can help to address needs like stress, anxiety, and pain relief. It has also been documented as helping to support a healthy sleep cycle, a good immune system, and overall wellness.
While CBD oils and tinctures (liquids) have long been popular choices, the compound is now being infused into all kinds of products and used in a wide variety of ways. Research and development is continuing to provide new insights into market trends and investment in the CBD industry is continuing to grow.
Current CBD Product Trends According to Research
The range of CBD products available is wider than ever and, according to market research, these are some of the items that will become more popular to an ever-growing segment of consumers:
- CBD Drinks: CBD products are usually ingested as liquids or oils, as it is easy for the body to absorb its effects when it is in these forms. Therefore, it is not so surprising that the beverage industry has decided to get in on this growing trend.
The CBD drinks industry is increasing in popularity, and is expected to pose a real threat to the wine and spirits industry in the future. In fact, some leading alcoholic beverage manufacturers have already begun to form partnerships with cannabis brands.
It is likely that this new trend will be attractive to the growing health-conscious section of the population, who will be interested in this new alternative to alcoholic drinks that also promise feelings of relaxation and calmness.
- CBD Beauty Products: The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD is becoming increasingly recognized, and this is having a real impact on the beauty industry. CBD oils, derived naturally from the hemp flower, are appealing to the consumer looking for a more sustainable and organic alternative.
The aging-process in part occurs as a result of chronic inflammation of cells and skin tissue. CBD extracts and hemp oils work to soothe and ease inflammation and can help to prolong skin youthfulness and health. This is another growing trend in the CBD industry that is expected to skyrocket in the coming years.
- CBD Toothpaste, Mouthwash, and Toothpicks: Another niche in the market that can benefit greatly from the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD products is the oral hygiene industry. A number of companies have begun to infuse toothpaste and mouthwash with CBD in order to prevent common dental hygiene issues.
Adding CBD as an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic can help with the reduction of gum swelling and the elimination of infection-causing bacteria that contribute to problems such as plaque and gingivitis. Again, it is an organic and natural alternative to some of the more synthetic chemicals that are traditionally used in these types of products.
- CBD Topical and Transdermal Skin Products: Topical skin products are those that are applied directly to the skin, and typically not intended to enter the bloodstream. They are only absorbed by the top layers of the skin. CBD infused topical products benefit specific, isolated areas of pain or discomfort on the body.
Transdermal products are more often sold in the form of patches. These are typically able to penetrate through to muscle tissue and may be absorbed to some degree into the bloodstream. These products can be used to help treat chronic pain, to control blood pressure, or regulate your emotions.
The use of CBD transdermal and topical skin products is growing rapidly, and is expected to continue to continue to increase in strength in the coming years.
- CBD Consumer Packaged Goods: The use of CBD in packaged goods is expected to skyrocket over the coming years, as the benefits identified resulting from research and development become more familiar to mainstream consumers.
At present, CBD infused gummies and sweets are already a popular product. However, CBD is increasingly being added to other packaged goods such as chocolate, protein bars, cereals, and ice cream. The addition of CBD to savory goods is also now being explored, and CBD infused soup, pasta, and chips are beginning to surface in the market.
It is believed that as more manufacturers begin to recognize the potential of these kinds of packaged goods, the market will move towards a more outcome-based product: you will be able to buy a certain product that will address a specific need—for example stress relief or chronic pain.
With the CBD market continuing to grow, it is likely that many more investments will be funneled into the area in the coming years. As a result of better scientific understanding, the research findings being made available to a much wider range of people, and the health and wellness benefits of CBD becoming more apparent, the demand for CBD products is set to escalate even further in the near future! To shop CannaAid’s large list of CBD products, click here .